New Business Account Executive
Our award-winning fast-paced creative marketing agency is looking for a new business sales person to assist the board in continuing to drive our business development strategy.
We’re privately owned, fully independent, owner‐managed and have enjoyed 16 successful years in business. We care about delivering work that really matters, we prove that with long-lasting client relationships and a huge awards cabinet – we have won over 50 awards globally in the last 18 months alone.
You will have 3 years’ minimum experience working within a marketing agency in an account handling and / or pure new business role. A detailed understanding of the marketing sector is key. You will have a passion for creative marketing and be able to clearly articulate how and why the discipline can be a highly valuable tool in a client brand marketing mix.
You’re a people person who thrives on forging relationships with clients and has a confident and energetic presence. You are someone who makes a strong impression and is memorable with no ego, or a fear of picking up the phone to engage new prospects.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities
- New logo acquisition through identification of potential clients, outbound prospecting and meetings where you will sell the full range of services that Brand & Deliver offer.
- You will be expected to proactively generate your own leads through leveraging the telephone, social media and marketing campaigns, building your own network and attending events.
- You will manage your pipeline of opportunities across the full sales lifecycle from early stage to close, including the co-ordination of procurement tender submissions where appropriate. You will ensure they are up to date and actioned frequently.
- You will be responsible for putting together and delivering compelling value propositions for prospects and work with the client services team to build proposals that resonate with clients.
- Working with a range of client contacts up to C level on the telephone and in face to face meetings, you will be supported at the appropriate time by other members of the team should the need arise.
- You will be expected to maintain the CRM database in terms of –
- Maintaining detailed records of each prospect and all key conversations.
- Recording precise meeting actions, next steps and reminders for continued contact.
- You will support the business in planning through accurately forecasting opportunities.
Aspects of the role
- This will be a quota-based role that pays commission on new business acquisition.
- Whilst there is a high degree of relationship building required, meeting targets and attaining quota is how the success of this role will be measured and rewarded.
The role requires proactivity with clear strategies both strategic and tactical to identify opportunities leveraging key brand developments, industry trends and PR activity
- You will be expected to create an annual sales plan in line with the company strategies that contains leading indicators and track progress regularly.
- You will be expected to assist the board in leveraging PR opportunities, working with the communications manager to release opinion pieces and to contribute to features and articles.
- The role will assist in developing content for initiatives for targeted outbound prospecting.
- You will work with marketing in formulating recipient lists and overseeing the distribution of mailers
- You will need to keep our warmest prospects updated with relevant agency news and case studies –
- Keeping abreast of brand developments where our capabilities have relevance and approaching key decision makers with tailored letters, emails, credentials or proactive initiatives when relevant.
- Keeping abreast of key client side ‘movers and shakers’.
Key experience and skills
- Strong track record of quota attainment.
- Be a new business winner who understands the importance of long term relationships
- Proven ability to create, negotiate and win sizeable opportunities.
- Ability to identify opportunities through clients issues/needs and translate into compelling solutions
- Ability to engage, motivate, influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Strong Commercial acumen.
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills.
- You are highly presentable, professional & knowledgeable’
- You have the ability to personally convey our brand attributes confidently.
- You have high standards of personal presentation and the ability to be succinct.
- You are inspiring and have gravitas in front of influential clients.
- You have excellent attention to detail and meticulous personal admin.
- You are a highly motivated and disciplined individual able to work on their own initiative and ‘make things happen’ through a determined approach.
CompensationCompetitive salary and attractive incentive plan
As a B&D employee, you get an unrestricted mobile phone (within reason), free breakfast, bike storage, showers, quarterly outings, annual awards, spot prizes, training budgets, senior management mentoring and an early finish on Friday with a free bar.
Primarily 5 – 6 Mallow Street, London, EC1Y. You will travel to meet clients as needed.
We’re an integrated, creative-led marketing agency. We’re privately owned, fully independent and owner-managed and have enjoyed nearly 15 successful years in business. Our central purpose is to be indispensable to busy businesses by delivering creative solutions that matter.
We believe our Focused Imagination ensures that what we do really matters. We’re obsessed with detail and craftsmanship because we always, ALWAYS deliver. We have to – it’s in our name. That means we have an incredible work ethic and do whatever it takes. This is how we generate our personal satisfaction and pride – that, and our enviable awards cabinet and consistent press coverage. We do all this by having the best people, who relish well-earned praise and strive to better themselves and the agency in everything they do. We operate a zero-tolerance policy for egos and bullshit. And when the work is done, we make sure we reward ourselves in ever-increasingly creative ways.
We know how lucky we are. We work in a creative, respectful environment, which offers opportunity, experience, education and pride. Being a central London agency we know there are talented and focused young people whose life situation means they’ll probably never get a chance to work in our industry. Our mission is to change that. We actively support a prevention and intervention charity focused on young people at risk of taking the wrong path. We help design inspiring programmes that given experience and insight into our world, motivating them to strive for achievement despite their surroundings and influences.
What to do
We’re very specific about how you apply to work with us, because we’re very specific about the people who work here. If you think you’re the ideal person and are simply aching to join us, then follow these instructions very carefully. Yes, following simple instructions is the first test…
Ensure you have a fully up‐to-date CV which must contain ALL of your education history, ALL of your previous work history from the very beginning, and must include your annual compensation for each job, including bonuses, rises, promotions and other benefits.
You must also be prepared (at a later stage) to name your direct supervisors, managers or bosses from each former or current job. It is an absolute, unwavering and emphatically enforced rule that you will arrange at least two reference phone calls if you progress past interview stage. Please be prepared for that.
Please write a beautifully crafted cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person. Pitch yourself as if you’re your own favourite brand. No more than one side of A4, and don’t feel obliged to ‘design it’ -‐ we’re judging what you say and how you say it, not whether you can use InDesign (unless you’re going for a creative role in which case, go to town).
Once you’re satisfied, send your CV and cover letter via the form below by the deadline quoted.
How it works
You send your CV and cover letter and we’ll make sure you’ve detailed everything we asked for. If you have done what’s been asked, we’ll evaluate the detail. If you make the shortlist ‐ normally only 5‐8 do, well done! We’ll contact you either for an initial telephone interview (assume 30-‐45mins) or jump straight to an interview. We can’t contact everyone, sorry, so if you don’t hear from us we just don’t think your detail was for us.
If you’re asked to an interview, make sure you know your stuff. We going to ask you to recall your experiences evaluate your previous history and discuss your current capabilities. It’s worth thinking about that ahead of time.
Depending on the role, there’s likely to be a few quick‐fire tests thrown in too ‐ nothing too strenuous, but things that reflect some of the work and situations we enjoy here every day. All of this will take around 90mins or more so make sure you make enough time. At the end of the interview we’ll isolate at least two references for you to contact and arrange calls with. No matter how good you seem on paper and in person, if we can’t hear it echoed from your past, there’s no job.
We’ll let you know the outcome of the interview and reference calls one way or another. We often need a second interview, so don’t be surprised if that happens too. We only want the best, most honest and most dedicated people. If you’re going to fall at a hurdle, this process saves us both a lot of time. If you can handle what we’re asking, then you’re halfway there. For the record, in 15 years of business we have the lowest staff turnover we’ve ever heard of, and no one has ever resigned to join another agency. We take our time to make sure our people are perfect for B&D, and equally, that B&D is perfect for them.